What can I expect my child to achieve at Clever Caterpillars?
Run by qualified teachers in small groups (6-8 kids per group) to strike the right balance between interactive learning and individual attention.
3 Year Group:
Weekly 1 hr. session, covering -
- Introduction of a new alphabet every week focussing listening and speaking
- Alphabet related art and craft activities
- Mat Time (Milo Games and Music),
- Storytelling with a character to promote reading.
4 Year Group:
Weekly 1.5 hr. session, covering –
- Relevant extracts/techniques from 3 year curriculum
- Phonemic Awareness and alphabet knowledge
- Decodable ‘Little Learner’ books (on borrowing basis) to practise at home
- Spellings and Handwriting
- Numeracy focussing on identification of numbers and writing.